The international conference on Human System Interaction (HSI) was held in the beautiful city of Gda?sk, Poland. There are several universities in this city including Gda?sk University, Gda?sk University of Technology (GUT), Gda?sk Medical University, and other 12 higher schools. The HSI conference itself was held in the Gda?sk University of Technology (GUT) at the faculty of electronics, telecommunications and informatics, one on the largest faculties in the GUT.
In this year, a summer school program was held alongside the HSI conference where the courses are focussed on deep learning technology.
Islab contributed 1 paper on HSI conference:
Laksono Kurnianggoro and Kang-Hyun Jo, Towards an Integrated Method of Detection and Description for Face Authentication System, HSI 2018, Gdansk, Poland, Jul 4, 2018.
Furthermore, we also presented 2 lectures for the international summer school on deep learning:
- Deep learning for object detection
- Deep learning for autonomous vehicle
ISIE 2018 was held during 12-15 June in Cairns Australia. ISLab contributed with one paper in technical track of "Artificial Intelligence and Signal Processing".
-Ajmal Shahbaz and Kang-Hyun Jo, Probabilisitic Change Detector with Human Verifier for Intelligent Sterile Zone Monitoring
3 years ago, we found out that the performance of existing CPUs was not enough to deliver real-time processing of scenes for autonomous vehicles. ISLab started working with Nvidia CUDA technology which led to a successful speedup of our algorithms. At that time, there were not so many researchers working with GPUs, but we think that the development of the detection algorithm is not enough. The algorithm should be applicable to the real systems so the society benefits from the new inventions.
The link to the news: https://news.developer.nvidia.com/vision-smoke-detection-using-low-cost-surveillance-cameras/
ISLAB contributed 2 papers to the ICGIP2017 :
1. Qing Tang et al., Traffic Sign Classification with Dataset Augmentation and Convolutional Neural Network
2.Yang Yu et al., Lane Detection based on Color Probability Model and Fuzzy Clustering
ICT-ROBOT 2017 was held at the Kagoshima University, Korimoto Campus, Japan from Nov. 25 to Nov. 26, 2017. This conference was organized with the SICE Kyushu branch annual conference.
ISLab contributes 3 papers:
- Dong-Wook Seo, Hyun-Deok Kang, and Kang-Hyun Jo, “Multi-layer superpixel cut for stereo matching”
- Beom-Seok Kim, Gi-Seok Sohn, and Kang-Hyun Jo, “Illegal Trash Littering Person Detection for Intelligent Surveillance System”
- Youlkyeong Lee and Kang-Hyun Jo, “Local Disparity Computation with SIFT and Belief Propagation”
The 43rd annual conference of the IEEE Industrial electronic society (IECON) was held in the china national convention center, Beijing, China from 29 October until 1 November 2017. The conference venue is located nearby the Olympic village which is located around 30 km from the Beijing international airport. In this year, it attracts more than 2400 of submitted papers. Among them, around 1400 papers are presented in either oral presentation or poster presentation.
ISLAB contribute 2 papers:
1. Laksono Kurnianggoro and Kang-Hyun Jo, Identification of Pedestrian Attributes using Deep Network
2. Ajmal Shahbaz and Kang-Hyun Jo, Optimal Background Modeling for Cluttered Scenes
The 2017 Thirteenth International Conference on Intelligent Computing (ICIC 2017) was held during August 7-10, 2017, in Liverpool, UK. The conference will be financially supported by the Natural Science Foundation of China (Natural Science Foundation of China). The theme for this conference is Advanced Intelligent Computing Methodologies and Applications. Original contributions related to this theme are especially solicited, including theories, methodologies, and applications in science and technology. Topics covering industrial issues/applications and academic research into intelligent computing will be welcome.
ISLab contributed with 1 paper:
Wahyono and Kang-Hyun Jo, Human Carrying Baggage Classification Using Transfer Learning on Convolution Neural Network with Direction Attribute, ICIC 2017 D.-S. Huang et al. (Eds.): ICIC 2017, Part I, LNCS 10361, Liverpool,UK, Aug 7, 2017 pp.717-724.
ISLab successfully organized 10th International Conference on Human System Interaction (HSI 2017) at University of Ulsan (UOU). It was held under the banner of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) Ulsan Chapter, co-sponsored by UOU and BK21+. Delegates from 15 different countries joined the conference. ISLab contributed with 7 papers:
1) Sowmya Kasturi et al., Classification of Human Fall in Top Viewed Kinect Depth Images using Binary Support Vector Machine
2) Hoang Van Thanh et al., An Improved Method for 3D Shape Estimation Using Active Shape Model
3) Dongwook Seo et al., Multi-Layer Superpixel-Based MeshStereo for Accurate Stereo Matching
4) Ajmal Shahbaz et al., Sterile Zone Monitoring with Human Verification
5) Alexander Filonenko et al., Comparative Study of Modern Convolutional Neural Networks for Smoke Detection on Image Data
6) Laksono Kurnianggoro et al., Object Classification for LIDAR Data using Encoded Features
7) Sanghee Lee et al., Strategy for Automatic Person Indexing and Retrieval System in News Interview Video Sequences
Heartiest congratulations to Professor Kang-Hyun Jo and team!